Project title: Profiling workloads & user demands in cross-data center cloud
Host Institution: NEC Europe, Germany
Supervisor: Dr. Dirk Kutscher (NEC)
Co-Supervisors: Prof. Xiaoming Fu (UGOE), Dr. Otto J Wittner (UNINETT), Prof. Yuming Jiang (NTNU)
NEC Europe Ltd. in Heidelberg has an opening for the position of a Experienced Researcher (ER) fellowship (PostDoc position) within the CleanSky Initial Training Network (ITN), to be funded by the Marie Curie Actions of the 7th Framework Programme of the European Commission in the field of computer networking.
The recruited ER will work at NEC Europe Laboritories located in Heidelberg, Germany, visit other nodes for secondments, and attend the training events of the network. The position is fully funded (100% employment) according to the Marie Curie programme, which offers highly competitive and attractive salary and working conditions.
The work objectives include the development of cloud network and service programmability concepts and algorithms, taking SLAs and performance/failure resilience requirements into account. The research work will be carried out in an international team of researchers.
Applicants are sought with experiences, skills and interest in the following areas:
- Network architecture and protocols
- Software-Defined Networking and Network (Functions) Virtualization
- Cloud Management
- Information-Centric Networking
- Programming proficiency in C/C++, Python, and Java
- Familiarity with software development under UNIX-based systems (Linux, FreeBSD etc.)
- Knowledge about or practical experience with data center networks is a plus
- We are looking for individuals with a broad background in the areas of telecommunication and computer networks, and we expect a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- English is the working language in the Laboratories.
The position will remain open until filled.
A PDF version of the call is available: [ English ]
Please note: applicants are encouraged to submit their materials earlier than the deadline mentioned in the PDF call.
Please note: applicants should apply via the CleanSky ITN application portal on this page rather than via the NEC website.
This position is also listed in EURAXESS.